Cleaning mp40 powerheads

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
1,439
Reaction score
819
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to clean my mp 40 powerheads-what am i using to clean it-process?
 
I use Citric acid and hot tap water. Let them soak, disassembled, for a few hours and most everything comes off. Then rinse really well with rodi water.
 
I've only done this once in 3.5 years. I just used a tooth brush to scrub wet side in RODI water that was it.
 
I use CLR for all my pumps mp60s and equipment, it’s quick and gets everything off just give a good rinse after.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new