Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might find this video helpful also

Steel Straws

And since you're new I'll throw these videos at you too. :D

"Coral Reefs in the Microbial Seas" This video compliments Rohwer's book of the same title (Paper back is ~$20, Kindle is ~$10), both deal with the conflicting roles of the different types of DOC in reef ecosystems. While there is overlap bewteen his book and the video both have information not covered by the other and together give a broader view of the complex relationships found in reef ecosystems

Changing Seas - Mysterious Microbes

Nitrogen cycling in hte coral holobiont

BActeria and Sponges

Maintenance of Coral Reef Health (refferences at the end)

Optical Feedback Loop in Colorful Coral Bleaching

Richard Ross What's up with phosphate"

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the UV in and it will help slow it down. Hate to say but some of us have a healthy lol green film algae issue in our tanks. In my Three year old rank I can only go 2 or 3 days without cleaning it. The UV when on gives me another day or Two. It will not harm anything. It’s a balance thing in some tanks.

OP
OP
raklassen

raklassen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you getting on?

I have exactly the same issue, green bacteria reappearing on glass within an hour of cleaning. I thought mine was a type of phytoplankton given its "dusty" appearance when cleaned from the glass. Im dosing a blend of 5 phytoplanktons for my coral to try and out-compete it.
So far so good. I believe it was just a part of the early “ugly phase”. It lasted about a week and then everything settled down. I usually clean the glass every 2-3 days as needed.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this issue awhile back, after a couple doses of Vibrant, my glass was spotless for a week.

Now we know why. UWC was dishonest or negligent and has been selling an algaecide marketed as a bacterial product. I no longer use this product.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 58 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back