cleaning my Icecap gyre 4k

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me where I can find instructions, w/video if possible, on taking apart and cleaning the Icecap 4k gyre? It's starting to whine a bit and has lotsa coralline algae built up.
Thanks

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
throw it in a bucket with some waters and citric acid for about 4 hours then clean with a toothbrush the need to be cleaned every 3-4 weeks as performance decreases

OP
OP
K

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply. That's exactly what I've been doing, along with pulling the covers to get at the blades. but times coming when a deeper clean will be in order. I've seen breakdown vids for cleaning on YouTube but not for the IceCap 4k. I never pulled the blade assembly off and got into a more complete inspect though. Surprised it's not on the Icecap site.
I'll keep looking

tonydig11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two 4k’s. First thing I do with any new pump is disassemble to see how it comes apart new so I don’t have to fiddle with a dirty one. Plus I had to ditch the red blades and replace with the black ones.

dalax64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two 4k’s. First thing I do with any new pump is disassemble to see how it comes apart new so I don’t have to fiddle with a dirty one. Plus I had to ditch the red blades and replace with the black ones.
Interesting. I'm planning on adding a couple of 4k's to the 240 and was also a little surprised by the color scheme in the product photos. Was it an aesthetic choice or was something wrong with the red blades?

OP
OP
K

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kaceyo Ever find how to do a full disassembly?
Sorry I didn't see this when it was posted. I don't get notices for replies or for watched threads anymore, for some reason...
I ended up just taking it apart w/out any how to info and found it is pretty simple. Just a bushing at each end of the blade. Nothing tricky.

Back