Cleaning old dead rock that was once live .

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordangil
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jordangil

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
199
Reaction score
1
Location
Knoxville TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up some old "live rock" from a guy for really cheap . Its been outside so it has gotten rain on it I am sure , so I need to figure out a way to clean it . Should I clean it with vinegar or what? Its really nice shaped rock so I really want to make it work .
 
Instead of acid. do a 1:1 ratio of RO/DI and vinegar. I did that and let it sit in that for 2 days and then scrubbed with my reef toothbrush and its now in a bucket of saltwater waiting for next tank.
 
Do you guys think the rain would have effected anything ? I like the idea of the ro/di and vinegar then I am going to dry it out and rinse it again then cook it in a tub for a month .
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new