Cleaning skimmer cup.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I washed off the skimmer cup this morning with tap water, with my hose. And i dried the cup as much as i can. But would that affect anything? To my tank in terms kf chlorine or etc?

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I washed off the skimmer cup this morning with tap water, with my hose. And i dried the cup as much as i can. But would that affect anything? To my tank in terms kf chlorine or etc?
No, it won’t affect it. I typically just shake mine dry and have never had a problem. Anything in the tap water is very low concentration already and to just be some residual amount in an area that isn’t even in the recirculation won’t be a problem.

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so. Most of what enters the cup won't ever go back into the aquarium.

FWIW, I just clean mine out in a sink with tap water. I dry the bottom part off to keep tap water from mixing with the system water, but I don't dry the inside of the cup. It always had a little tap water left in it when I put it back in the skimmer.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always just rinse mine in the sink, shake it, and dry it off. Like others said, what is in the skim cup won't be going in the tank anyway.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No. Not at all.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back