Cleaning the glass too often.

  • Thread starter Thread starter IDAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IDAN

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
163
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure why but it looks like every other day I need to clean my glass, and my sand bed turning greenish.
As far as I know it's brown algae?
I just check my RODI water, the digital device shown 0 tds, I also did "Total chlorine free chlorine" paper test, also shown 0 ppm.

Any one have an idea why is that happen?
I am going 15% water change every week, it's 180 gallon total volume.
 
I'l love to know the answer to this cos I'm just realizing the same. Mine stayed yesterday.
 
I'l love to know the answer to this cos I'm just realizing the same. Mine stayed yesterday.
Chato is generally the best solution.
Excess ammonia and nitrates feed the glass algaes. Chato outcompetes it.
Also look for build up of detritus. Esp in newer tanks
 
Chato is generally the best solution.
Excess ammonia and nitrates feed the glass algaes. Chato outcompetes it.
Also look for build up of detritus. Esp in newer tanks
I run carbon even extra then needed.
I dont have Chato but I need to run again my scrubber (I turned it of for a while). but it sound easier to have chato and less dirty. how you take care of it?
 
Not much to it. Put it in it grows. Pull off chunks when it gets big.
 
The BEST way to reduce the frequency of front glass/acrylic cleaning it to configure your lights so that they don't shine on it. I have blanking panels on the top front of my tank and clean the pane every two weeks.
 
I have the same issue but I feed A ton.
I am now using cheato with a kessil H380 and I see a drastic Improvment!
 
The BEST way to reduce the frequency of front glass/acrylic cleaning it to configure your lights so that they don't shine on it. I have blanking panels on the top front of my tank and clean the pane every two weeks.
Any picture?
 
Nothing recent, but this is what I mean ....

2C2C530E-CB9E-4F5C-9CFF-8C431D5F9AB0.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new