Clear a live rock from GSP

pomoev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a new tank and want to reuse my mature live rock from the current tank. The problem is that it's taken over by GSP. Manual removing seems impossible. I'm thinking about putting the rock into a fully dark brute can with a heater and a powerhead for a few days. Will it work?

FIN&BONEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did exactly that but also scrubbed the rock with a toothbrush once a day. Rock has been back in the sump now for two weeks and no sign of those devils. I kept the rock isolated for 7 days just to make sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pomoev

pomoev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did exactly that but also scrubbed the rock with a toothbrush once a day. Rock has been back in the sump now for two weeks and no sign of those devils. I kept the rock isolated for 7 days just to make sure.
Great, I'm glad I got this confirmation.

The previous time I dremeled the rock with a metal brush, but in a couple month the GSP revived from some crevice. This time I will not leave it a chance, hahaha!

Last edited:

FIN&BONEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, I'm glad I got this confirmation.

The previous time I dremeled the rock with a metal brush, but in a couple month the GSP revived from some crevice. This time I will not leave it chance, hahaha!
You can also dip the tooth brush in a little peroxide they dont like that either lol

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Burn it while dancing around the fire IMO

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back