• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Clear View Aquarium Screen Tops

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ,, now that I have had my new Clear View Aquarium Screen Top for several months ,, I wanted to give a review on it ,, I think its the best Top you can buy on the market ,, sort of ,, it has a problem that needs to be addressed ,, Tops used to be individually made with a solid border piece made all the way around the rim of the top ,, Clear View came up with the idea of making a jig saw corner piece for the Tops ,, they also ,, on my Top ,, use these jig saw pieces on either side of any cut outs that I have on my Top ,, I understand why they came up with this idea ,, and its a great idea ,, they can pre make these pieces ,, and only have to custom make the longer pieces that will go between the jig saw pieces ,, quick turn around when Tops are ordered ,,

The down side ,, on my Top ,, which fits over a 60x30 tank ,, other than the 2 outside border pieces ,, there is only 1 support piece going from front to back in the center of the Top ,, this is a big deal ,, it makes the Top to flimsy when you have to remove it ,, I am really careful when I have to remove the Top ,, but the Top still bows because of it being to flimsy ,, this bowing has caused my Top to have the screen and rubber piece holding the screen in place to pop out ,, I have had to push it back in place ,, I have also had the jig saw pieces on either side of my feed door pop out of their fitting ,, had to push these back into place ,, I have read in other Forums where these Jig Saw pieces have actually cracked because of the stress on them when removing the Top ,, the Top had to be sent back to Clear View to be repaired ,, or they Clear view has just sent a new jig saw piece ,, my answer to this problem ,, which is not my Idea :) another Reefer in a local Forum I am in ,, he had the same problem ,, was to get some clear tape and place it on the under side of these Jig Saw pieces ,, to relieve some of the stress on them when you have to remove the Top ,, your still going to have a stress problem though ,, no way around that ,,

If you buy one of these Tops ,, the way they are designed ,, you are going to have this problem ,, the answer to this problem ,, is to add more support pieces from front to back on these Tops ,, jmo ,, my Top has one of these support pieces ,, it needs 3

So ,, would I recommend you buying one of these Tops ,, the answer is ,, no ,, not until they add more support pieces in them ,, even if the Top were to be a solid piece all the way around the Top and not use the Jig Saw pieces,, you would still have this problem because of the Top being to flimsy ,, jmo Clear View at some point will have to address this issue ,,

I have another tank ordered and will be wanting one of these Tops for it ,, it won't be ordered until this problem in the Tops is fixed :(

Last edited:

CenlaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned above, I used Gorilla tape on the underside of mine to keep it together. I do not think it is very noticeable and works extremely well in my opinion. Here is a pic:

E712A3CD-5DC6-42EC-AA8D-1C65D45E94F2.png

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back