Clicking noise on the 6095

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pscheel2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger. I purchased 2 of the 6095's and have them on wave motion thru the apex. One is making a clicking noise. I thought it was the housing hitting up against the magnet but that's not it. Any suggestions? The other one works perfect. Any suggestions to a fix? Thanks

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most probable is the drive unit just fits tight on the shaft, as a result instead of easing down it skips and smacks the bottom creating a click. This often resolves itself after a couple weeks of wearing in. I would give it two weeks, if it persists, try swapping the drive units between pumps, if it follows the drive unit, we know that is it and can send a replacement. If it does not follow the drive unit, the part 6055.740 is the likely culprit, this is a shock absorber/shim under the drive unit seated on the shaft, in some cases a second shim is needed or possibly this part is missing but that is only likely if the pump was disassembled, they can fall out.

OP
OP
pscheel2

pscheel2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. It's been over a week so I'll give it another week.

OP
OP
pscheel2

pscheel2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger. Had some time today. I swapped out the driver and the noise didn't persist. Swapped back and the noise is still there.

OP
OP
pscheel2

pscheel2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is still making the noise. Do you think I need to just use add the second shim or do I replace the entire shock absorber /shim?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very sorry for the late reply, I did get an email notification but it got missed in the Monday hustle. Please PM me your address and I will send one.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back