Clicking noise on the 6095

  • Thread starter Thread starter pscheel2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pscheel2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2015
Messages
115
Reaction score
182
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger. I purchased 2 of the 6095's and have them on wave motion thru the apex. One is making a clicking noise. I thought it was the housing hitting up against the magnet but that's not it. Any suggestions? The other one works perfect. Any suggestions to a fix? Thanks
 
Most probable is the drive unit just fits tight on the shaft, as a result instead of easing down it skips and smacks the bottom creating a click. This often resolves itself after a couple weeks of wearing in. I would give it two weeks, if it persists, try swapping the drive units between pumps, if it follows the drive unit, we know that is it and can send a replacement. If it does not follow the drive unit, the part 6055.740 is the likely culprit, this is a shock absorber/shim under the drive unit seated on the shaft, in some cases a second shim is needed or possibly this part is missing but that is only likely if the pump was disassembled, they can fall out.
 
Thanks. It's been over a week so I'll give it another week.
 
Hi Roger. Had some time today. I swapped out the driver and the noise didn't persist. Swapped back and the noise is still there.
 
It is still making the noise. Do you think I need to just use add the second shim or do I replace the entire shock absorber /shim?
 
I am very sorry for the late reply, I did get an email notification but it got missed in the Monday hustle. Please PM me your address and I will send one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new