Cloudy MarineMix?

August_S

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using the CrystalSea MarineMix bioassay salt for over a year and it has been great. I just got a new box yesterday, and the water mixes cloudy. I let it mix and aerate for over 24 hours to see if it would clear up, and it did not. There’s also a white film in my mixing container (picture posted below). Should I toss it and get a new batch?

image.jpg image.jpg
 
IV never used that salt before I use red sea but that might be clay I wouldnt use it personally hopefully someone else will chime in and give a better answer
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new