Cloudy water again!

New2reef37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6-month-old 40 gallon AIO. Lots of green algae, cyano and uglies. Had the lights off last week and it was night and day this weekend. Clean and pristine. The green all over my rock was gone back to the beautiful purple and pink. Water was nice and clear. I fed some krill & Brine shrimp per the usual. But twice on Sunday. A little cloudy yesterday a LOT cloudy today. Will adding a protein skimmer change this. Should I be dosing anything else.
KIMG0932.JPG

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like you may be having bacterial or algae bloom. Do you have enough coral or fish to consume what you are feeding? You may want to look in to a UV filter or up your filtration a bit depending on what you are currently running.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you may be having bacterial or algae bloom. Do you have enough coral or fish to consume what you are feeding? You may want to look in to a UV filter or up your filtration a bit depending on what you are currently running.
I was going to offer that opinion except it looks very "silty", ie: sand or salt particles.

OP
OP
N

New2reef37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if anything are you dosing and what are you running for filtration?
It's a Fiji AIO box. 2.75" filter sock,(second chamber)is large filter into charcoal into ceramic media. Third chamber return pump. Not dosing anything.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back