Cloudy Water and power head location

KingReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my water is constantly cloudy. I have a diamond spot goby who is always sifting the sand and that is where the particulate matter comes from. I was just hoping to get some recommendations on where to position my power heads to get the best "push" to move water towards the overflow box. Right now, I have the power heads running on opposing pulses so the water column shifts back and forth. Between that and the dual returns, I am not having any luck figuring this out. Would it be better to mount the pumps on the back wal and have them blow towards the front? Would the push and pull more towards the overflow? How are you setting up your pumps to churn and return?
IMG_20191031_203545.jpg

IMG_20191031_203545.jpg

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, AWESOME aquascape! The dog really seems to like it. Does the cloudiness seem to hang lower in the tank, or is it pretty constant bottom to top? In the pic, it looks pretty constant. If that's the case, it could just be a matter of time and filtration. Looks like your power heads are set up low enough in the tank to keep things stirred up pretty well. Lets see if we can get someone else to chime in.

OP
OP
K

KingReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I had a bit of a bacterial bloom. Tank water was cloudy all day and then thinks got stinky. I put in fresh carbon in my reactor and fresh filter floss and the smell has gone away and the water looks more clear today.

IMG_20191102_161110.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back