Cloudy water during nitrogen cycle

dark waters

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2016
Messages
254
Reaction score
56
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a 300 gallon tank fish only..... all of my reading are good but NITRATES were at 80ppm and after a water change went to 20 ppm... I did a 30 percent water change listening to someone and I think I made my process longer. I did a fish cycle. The one fish , three hermit crabs, and one shrimp are fine but my tank is milky white. I forgot to mention that My protein skimmer sucked up a rock and then my tank really got cloudy....furthermore I had on lights. My tank has already cycle though ammonia and NITRITES....they are at 0 ppm.... I CAN NOT ADD ANYMORE LIVE ROCK BECAUSE IT WILL CRACK MY TANK ...I have 100 lbs of rock in the display and 50 lbs in the sump... I USE LIGHT WEIGHT MARINE PURE MEDIA BLOCKS....each one filters 300 gallons.....Please give me advice. Should I leave it alone and it will clear up on its own or do I need to take action? Thanks in advance.....
 
It's been several days, has the water cleared up?
 
Thanks guys but the if look at the link the tank cleared up the next day....I have a picture of it...IT IS IMPORTANT NOT TO PANIC WHEN SOMETHING CHANGES IN THE TANK...that is what I'm learning... A UV or may not effect some of the good bateria...things are balanced I'm not looking to change anything on a whim... if I knew how to delete this post I would because I already got the perfect advice... and that was let it run its course
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new