Cloudy water?!?

TNreefer123!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got around to replumbing my 90 gallon from 3/4” flex to 1” pvc with valves. All turned out well! My question is that I woke up this morning and my water has a white cloudy look to it. All fish and inverts look healthy. What should I do? I did a 10 gallon water change last night and everything looked crystal clear. Should I run carbon ? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

nano_ryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put in some carbon and some filter floss. Filter floss strips the water free of debris, and carbon cleans it of any bacterial and chemical waste in the water column. UV sterilivers work best in my IMO.

OP
OP
TNreefer123!

TNreefer123!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put in some carbon and some filter floss. Filter floss strips the water free of debris, and carbon cleans it of any bacterial and chemical waste in the water column. UV sterilivers work best in my IMO.
Okay I will get some carbon to run in there and replace my filter floss with new. Thanks

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is you are getting more flow and more flow might mean more oxygen. More oxygen would mean more bacteria. If you skimmer isn't totally oversized (it shouldn't be) then it will take bit for the skimmer to remove the bacteria.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back