Clowfish white spots ?

dexer81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. My two Ocellaris have white spots on their skin with filaments for about 2 months, the fishs are fine and eating... I feed them with frozen food enriched with garlic juice and vitamins and Dr Bassler forte food but it doesn't seem to be there improvements.
The water values are good so I ask if there is any treatment I could apply to improve the situation.
Thank you

Immagine1.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone. My two Ocellaris have white spots on their skin with filaments for about 2 months, the fishs are fine and eating... I feed them with frozen food enriched with garlic juice and vitamins and Dr Bassler forte food but it doesn't seem to be there improvements.
The water values are good so I ask if there is any treatment I could apply to improve the situation.
Thank you

Immagine1.jpg
is it on both sides? Any other symptoms? Any bullying? It almost looks like an infected injury/sting - and probably should be treated in a hospital tank with a broad spectrum antibiotic such as kanamycin. Did you happen to QT the fish?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thank you

Immagine1.jpg
Looks like a gash or bite mark but leaning towards gash. Typically would be to observe for healing but in this case, this type of wound requires attention/prevention of bacterial issues. Treat in a separate QT tank with seachem Kanaplex or Seachem sulfaplex.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you

Immagine1.jpg

Have the spots been present about the same size for two months? It may just be a scar from a previous injury, and not an active disease.

Jay

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back