White Spots on Clownfish

gstty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my clown fish has what look like some white spots. It seems like its OK. its swimming around a lot. when i put food in it goes right for it and gobbles it up. Here are some pics. Does anyone know what it could be?

thumbnail_image2.jpg thumbnail_image1.jpg thumbnail_image0.jpg

musel101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my clown fish has what look like some white spots. It seems like its OK. its swimming around a lot. when i put food in it goes right for it and gobbles it up. Here are some pics. Does anyone know what it could be?

Possibly ich you’ll have to treat it with copper and move it to a quarantine tank. Cleaner shrimp may not cure it but it's safe to say they can keep it under control and help the fish fight it off easier. No. There is no evidence that they can do either. So a cleaner shrimp may be another possibility, but then you can’t dose copper in your display tank with a shrimp in there.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

This appears to be secondary bacteria associated with brook. Need clearer pics to confirm brooklynella. Best treatment is a formalin solution is mixed with in a separate container with either fresh or saltwater. Start with a quick dip in a formalin based bath at a lower concentration in a quarantine tank. The longer the fish are exposed to the treatment the more effective it will be at eliminating this issue.
If a formalin solution is not available for immediate use, temporary relief can be achieved by giving the fish a FW bath or dip in water same temperature as display tank and you can use Ruby rally pro which is reef safe

OP
OP
G

gstty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been watching for about 3-4 days and it does not appear to be getting worse. it looks the same as it was a few days ago. i have had the fish for around 3 or more weeks. Other than that an urchin and some corals are the only other additions. I did not quarantine when i got it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back