White Clumps/Spots on Clownfish

bibbityb00

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently picked up a pair of Black Saddleback Clowns. I've had a pair in qt for about a week and tonight I noticed what look like white clumps near the anal fin of the smaller fish. Any thoughts on what it could be? I have seen the larger one nipping a little bit and the larger one doesn't appear to have any spots right now. The fish are both acting pretty normal and are eating well.

4- Copy.jpg 3- Copy.jpg 2- Copy.jpg 1.jpg
 
Recently picked up a pair of Black Saddleback Clowns. I've had a pair in qt for about a week and tonight I noticed what look like white clumps near the anal fin of the smaller fish. Any thoughts on what it could be? I have seen the larger one nipping a little bit and the larger one doesn't appear to have any spots right now. The fish are both acting pretty normal and are eating well.

4- Copy.jpg 3- Copy.jpg 2- Copy.jpg 1.jpg
This is bacterial in nature and could have stemmed from scrape injury and most effective is treatment in a separate tank using seachem kanaplex which is broad spectrum and effective
Add aeration with air stone during treatment
 
Recently picked up a pair of Black Saddleback Clowns. I've had a pair in qt for about a week and tonight I noticed what look like white clumps near the anal fin of the smaller fish. Any thoughts on what it could be? I have seen the larger one nipping a little bit and the larger one doesn't appear to have any spots right now. The fish are both acting pretty normal and are eating well.

4- Copy.jpg 3- Copy.jpg 2- Copy.jpg 1.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

That could be Lymphocystis, a viral disease that often invades tissues when they are damaged.
Are these wild caught? If so, watch for Brooklynella.
 
This is bacterial in nature and could have stemmed from scrape injury and most effective is treatment in a separate tank using seachem kanaplex which is broad spectrum and effective
Add aeration with air stone during treatment
Thank you! Kanaplex isn't readily available here, but I'll look for an alternative treatment.
 
Thank you! Kanaplex isn't readily available here, but I'll look for an alternative treatment.
I see Canada
Ruby rally pro safe substitute and also try pets drug mart, I believe in Ontario
 
This is bacterial in nature and could have stemmed from scrape injury and most effective is treatment in a separate tank using seachem kanaplex which is broad spectrum and effective
Add aeration with air stone during treatment
Dude, you are the man! So incredibly knowledgeable and helpful...I'm always impressed with your posts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new