Clown beat nem up

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the bta over 2 weeks and the tomato clown has hosted it since the second day but it's looking kinda rough today. she's never left it since hosting it except to eat today I look and she's left it and it's shriveled up is there anything I can do?

20200302_163147.jpg 20200217_160238.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really think the clown is the problem, then move the clown for a bit and see if it recovers.

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lights and how long has the tank been cycled?
Also did you get them together or did you have the clown and then add the nem?

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lights and how long has the tank been cycled?
Also did you get them together or did you have the clown and then add the nem?
The tank is under black box leds and the tank is 8 months old and the tomato clown has been in the tank for 3 months and the nem I just got about 3 weeks ago

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you able to catch the clown?
If not can you find a way to protect the anemone from the clown without blocking the flow or light. If you have an empty strawberry basket, I know those have been used. It definitely does not look happy, but I have seen mine do a thousand things and some of them included shriveling up for a day or two and then opening beautifully. I know they sometimes "poop" so maybe that is it. Are you feeding the nem? If you are I would stop for now. Most experts agree that they shouldn't be fed when doing poorly as food digestion takes away needed energy. (Sounds weird to me as well but that is what they say.)
If you can get ahold of a par meter you can see if you meet the light requirements for the nem. I would probably turn them up a bit, but black boxes are all different so that is hard to say without knowing par.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you able to catch the clown?
If not can you find a way to protect the anemone from the clown without blocking the flow or light. If you have an empty strawberry basket, I know those have been used. It definitely does not look happy, but I have seen mine do a thousand things and some of them included shriveling up for a day or two and then opening beautifully. I know they sometimes "poop" so maybe that is it. Are you feeding the nem? If you are I would stop for now. Most experts agree that they shouldn't be fed when doing poorly as food digestion takes away needed energy. (Sounds weird to me as well but that is what they say.)
If you can get ahold of a par meter you can see if you meet the light requirements for the nem. I would probably turn them up a bit, but black boxes are all different so that is hard to say without knowing par.
i havent attempted to catch him yet i think i might try that strawberry basket idea if it starts lookin bad again thats a pretty good idea and no i haven't fed the nem since ive had it today its looking better thou

20200303_105009.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back