Clown Fish Antagonizing

  • Thread starter Thread starter droidus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

droidus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2018
Messages
285
Reaction score
50
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw my one clown fish really going after my other clown fish. The one was hosting the uv filter, and the other would dart over to it, stare at the other, shimmy a few times, swim away, swim around, then come back and do the same thing. At one point though, I noticed the one actually bit the other, so a little concerned about if this is normal, or the one is being too aggressive. I've attached a video, and I hope this helps to display some of this behavior between them.

 
Yeah- The typical clown aggression. They are cute but also jerks. Lower light intensity a little and if needs be, place the other clown in sump for a 2-3 day time out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new