Clown fish fighting

1991evansd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My on clown I had in tank for 3 weeks it tank mate died so today I bought a new clown and as soon as I put it in the tank the old clown started locking jaws a couple times and now all the do is chase on another every 3-5 minutes I have a 75 gallon tank with lots of rock

image.jpg

Attachments

• 64210376657__E22114DE-F4FF-41B3-981A-D5253ACDD9D4.MOV
    771 KB

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My on clown I had in tank for 3 weeks it tank mate died so today I bought a new clown and as soon as I put it in the tank the old clown started locking jaws a couple times and now all the do is chase on another every 3-5 minutes I have a 75 gallon tank with lots of rock

image.jpg
Try:
- mirror
- acclimation box (something clear, cut/drill sides so water flows thru)
--- even repurpose something from your recycling; weigh down with rock
- prayer

Post #14 of this thread pretty innovative if you have plastic zip ties and egg crate handy to make box:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-acclimation-box.293960/

They seem to be same species of clown, so over time this should settle out. Clowns are thought to be so cute, but they are territorial and can be mean. I get bit every water change by my clowns - nothing else ever bites me. I had a Lightning Clown gorgeous & personality, introduces 8 nemo clowns, eventually had to rehome Lightning after he healed in sump from having bit so many nemos so often he wore off his mouth and nose skin before we could catch him (it all did heal back before he left... still miss him)

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Lightning Clown gorgeous & personality, introduces 8 nemo clowns, eventually had to rehome Lightning after he healed in sump from having bit so many nemos so often he wore off his mouth and nose skin before we could catch him (it all did heal back before he left... still miss him)
That's actually sort of funny in a clown sort of way! :) Better the 8 nemos rather than your hand though, right?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back