Clown fish help

Tom Van Wassenhove

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phone Found my confish on the bottom of my tank he was being harassed by my damsel. Not very active I looked at his gills hes breathing heavily. Not really sure what's up. I have Paraguayan and and some formalin for treatment. Which treatment should I try or should I Start with a fresh water dip.

Attachments

• 20221211_090907.mp4
    46.5 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phone Found my confish on the bottom of my tank he was being harassed by my damsel. Not very active I looked at his gills hes breathing heavily. Not really sure what's up. I have Paraguayan and and some formalin for treatment. Which treatment should I try or should I Start with a fresh water dip.

HI - sorry to see, your fish is "moribund", very close to death. It is unlikely that any treatment will work fast enough to save it.

Do you know if the damselfish started this issue or did the clownfish have some other issue and then the damselfish began to pick on it?

You can try a FW dip, but that will likely prove fatal. Don't use formalin, that will only make the fish breath harder.

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tom Van Wassenhove

Tom Van Wassenhove

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dang The damsel has always been somewhat of a bully. To all the fish at 1 time or another. I did a 5 minute freshwater dip on the clown fish And so far you survived. I have a minute 10 gallon tank with a hangon overflow All by himself right now. The rest of the fish seem to be doing OK I do have some ParaGuard and it is sapose to be safer then Formalin.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Agree with Jay- its moribund which is a state in which fish is in such high distress and may or not make it and unfortunately there is no treatment to perk it up. Often crashing into object, aggression and illness puts them into this weakness. You can add aeration to see if it perks up but with no guarantee

Upvote 0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back