Clown fish hosting Torch

  • Thread starter Thread starter SiD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SiD

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2021
Messages
124
Reaction score
96
Location
Torrance, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

Just introduced this Torch in my display yesterday and it opened up nicely. Today when I woke up saw my clown fish trying to make the Torch it's host. The Torch have pulled back it's tentacles little bit because of the clown's relentless movement on top of its head. I have one BTA but the clown is not interested. Is this ok for both the fish and Coral. Or should I do something? Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Sid
20210522_160256.jpg
20210522_160255.jpg
 
Last edited:
This is typical- euphyllia and anemones are their first targets.
It’s the coral that are the hosts. The first are guests persay
 
Will the Torch die due to the continuous snuggling of the clown?
Clowns can be aggressive. Keep an eye on them
 
Will the Torch die due to the continuous snuggling of the clown?
Potentially. Depends on how big the torch is and how much snuggling the clown does. Given the size of the torch, I'd say there is a high-ish chance it may be smothered to death.
 
Hi All

Just introduced this Torch in my display yesterday and it opened up nicely. Today when I woke up saw my clown fish trying to make the Torch it's host. The Torch have pulled back it's tentacles little bit because of the clown's relentless movement on top of its head. I have one BTA but the clown is not interested. Is this ok for both the fish and Coral. Or should I do something? Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Sid
20210522_160256.jpg
20210522_160255.jpg
And mine is busy in the Duncan https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-heater-failure-build.783559/post-8979972
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new