Clown fish killing shrimp

Betta-Chetta

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
207
Reaction score
23
Location
Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have had my mocha clown since may and my ocellaris since August. Well before I got the mocha I had 3 cleaner shrimp, a tiger pistol shrimp and a peppermint shrimp. After about three weeks when I got my mocha clown the shrimp started to disappear and all that was left was the pistol shrimp. So I figured it was the pistol shrimp and took him for in store credit. In August after I got the ocellaris I also bought a golden coral.banded shrimp. Never had any issues until two days ago. That's when I saw my mocha beat up the shrimp and rip a few legs and a pincher off. Today I can't find the shrimp. So has anyone ever had this issue before? What would yall recommend me doing ? The fish are in a 75 gallon reef tank.
 
1451598449786.jpg
 
If you caught the Mocha red handed so to speak, I'd deport him if you can catch him. Sounds a lot like territory dispute and not predation. Bad trait if you want a communal tank.
 
Ya I caught him twice doing it. Sucks to because I want to breed my mocha clown but not if he's going to kill everything. Also the shrimp was attached far away from his anemone
 
Ok so I have had my mocha clown since may and my ocellaris since August. Well before I got the mocha I had 3 cleaner shrimp, a tiger pistol shrimp and a peppermint shrimp. After about three weeks when I got my mocha clown the shrimp started to disappear and all that was left was the pistol shrimp. So I figured it was the pistol shrimp and took him for in store credit. In August after I got the ocellaris I also bought a golden coral.banded shrimp. Never had any issues until two days ago. That's when I saw my mocha beat up the shrimp and rip a few legs and a pincher off. Today I can't find the shrimp. So has anyone ever had this issue before? What would yall recommend me doing ? The fish are in a 75 gallon reef tank.
Do you have a nem in the tank ,my clarkie killed the smaller fish and fed them to it the arsehole
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new