samdizshiz

samdizshiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that... [emoji17]

But thru my faliure i learned somthing
The fish had internal parisites their poop is long white and stringy so i still have one to save any suggjestions on medication for intestinal parisites

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He died during the night :(

I'm sorry to hear this. :(

But thru my faliure i learned somthing
The fish had internal parisites their poop is long white and stringy so i still have one to save any suggjestions on medication for intestinal parisites
Metronidazole (ex. Seachem Metroplex) is the treatment of choice for internal parasites; sometimes praziquantel (ex. Prazipro) works, but that's better for gill flukes.

OP
OP
samdizshiz

samdizshiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear this. :(

Metronidazole (ex. Seachem Metroplex) is the treatment of choice for internal parasites; sometimes praziquantel (ex. Prazipro) works, but that's better for gill flukes.

My lfs has New life spectrum hex shield is this any good for that

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't find meds at your LFS, Amazon and eBay usually will have them with free shipping. I have also ordered from PetSolutions.com, which has free shipping on orders over $50 I think. You can order salt to get free shipping.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs has New life spectrum hex shield is this any good for that

After examining the ingredients (below) of that product, I'd have to say no.
Ingredients: Whole Antarctic Krill, Garlic, Whole Wheat Flour, Omega-3 Fish Oil, Spirulina, Chlorella Algae, Ulva Seaweed, Ginger, Ginseng, Onion, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Vitamin C), Choline Chloride, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Cobalt Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, and Manganese Sulfate.

Active Ingredients: Magnesium Sulfate, IH-Imidazole-I-ethanol, 2-methyl-5-nitro-(443-48-1)

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So whats my best bet

For white stringy poop i.e. intestinal worms; Metronidazole (ex. Seachem Metroplex) soaked in the fish's food using Seachem Focus as the binder.

OP
OP
samdizshiz

samdizshiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New life spectrum hex 2-(2-methyl-5-nitro-1H-imidazol-1-yl)ethanol ... That is the chem formula for metronidazole so it contains it so basiclly it is fish food infused with metronidazole

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New life spectrum hex 2-(2-methyl-5-nitro-1H-imidazol-1-yl)ethanol ... That is the chem formula for metronidazole so it contains it so basiclly it is fish food infused with metronidazole

My mistake. I should have Googled the Systematic (IUPAC) name to be sure. My apologies.

LadyM419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello every one
I've noticed my church's clown fish has swam to one corner of the aquarium. His eyes appears to be bulging and he's breathing faster than normal. I haven't seen him eating but it's been a week now. I was told he could be pregnant because he's cleared an area of the sand. I don't think so. I was also told that the tank is salt water. Yes there is a live coral in the tank, another clown fish and two others I'm unsure about. these fish has been in this tanks for years. They have someone who cleans the tank and makes sure all is well but I'm really concerned about this little fish. I think something is terribly wrong. I've read about swim bladder problems and it sounds exactly like what I'm seeing but then again, I'm not an expert. Someone please give me any suggestions. No, they don't have a hospital tank :(

LadyM419

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello every one
I've noticed my church's clown fish has swam to one corner of the aquarium. His eyes appears to be bulging and he's breathing faster than normal. I haven't seen him eating but it's been a week now. I was told he could be pregnant because he's cleared an area of the sand on the bottom; I don't think so. I was also told that the tank is salt water. Yes, there is a live coral in the tank, another clown fish, snail and two other smaller fish I'm unsure about. These fish have been in this tanks for years. They have someone who cleans the tank and makes sure all is well but I'm really concerned about this little fish. I think something is terribly wrong. I've read about swim bladder problems and it sounds exactly like what I'm seeing but then again, I'm not an expert. Someone please give me any suggestions. No, they don't have a hospital tank :(

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back