Clown fish pairing and breeding

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was looking for some rotifers for my clowns i want to raise and started a conversation with Calvo15290 about his pair that he wants to get breeding again. So to not fill my rotifer wanted thread in the buying and selling section I thought I would start a converation here. What is or isnt required to breed clowns, what tank parameters are a must, other Info in breeding and raising fry?

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To fill in what I had said over there in the other thread. I told him to keep the stress level of the fish as low as possible,no aggressive tank mates, Good water parameters and a temp of 80 or so. Also keep the fish well fed and feed a varying diet. Keep the lighting schedule on track. Did I leave anything out?

SuperPro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop salinity to 1.021, temps around 84° and they must have a healthy diet and fed several times a day. They're are several threads in the fish breeding forums from several members who are having success, I don't know of anyone in the club who is breeding clowns at the moment.

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop salinity to 1.021, temps around 84° and they must have a healthy diet and fed several times a day. They're are several threads in the fish breeding forums from several members who are having success, I don't know of anyone in the club who is breeding clowns at the moment.
I'm going to as soon as I can get a rotifer culture up and running

OP
OP
B

bjledbetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to as soon as I can get a rotifer culture up and running

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back