Clown fish possible illness,

TraydersAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the little thing in there for two days now. To me it looks like he has some white hazy spots developing on his right side. Anyone able to confirm anything.? He spends alot of time in the gravel at night so I was thinking possibly that. I'll share a video it's the right side around it's pectoral fins under his chin.

Attachments

• PXL_20230220_162416165.TS.mp4
    15.3 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've had the little thing in there for two days now. To me it looks like he has some white hazy spots developing on his right side. Anyone able to confirm anything.? He spends alot of time in the gravel at night so I was thinking possibly that. I'll share a video it's the right side around it's pectoral fins under his chin.
cant confirm anything without pics under white lighting

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he breathing hard? Eating normal? Need clear pics under white light. Clowns are known for brook disease.

OP
OP
TraydersAnonymous

TraydersAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the little thing in there for two days now. To me it looks like he has some white hazy spots developing on his right side. Anyone able to confirm anything.? He spends alot of time in the gravel at night so I was thinking possibly that. I'll share a video it's the right side around it's pectoral fins under his chin. Thanks in advance

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't see anything abnormal in the vid. Google brook disease in clown fish and it will show you the dusty appearance they get. I'll try to watch on a larger screen later

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see the spots, but The tail fin has some damage on it. Did it look like that when you got the fish?
Jay

OP
OP
TraydersAnonymous

TraydersAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant confirm anything without pics under white lighting

Is he breathing hard? Eating normal? Need clear pics under white light. Clowns are known for brook disease.
only been in the tank since yesterday afternoon, drip acclimated for at least an hour befpre releasing.
I can’t see the spots, but The tail fin has some damage on it. Did it look like that when you got the fish?
Jay
No the fish looked pretty good tbh has been eating mysis and pellets. Nothing in the tank to nip fins except for an emerald crab. just posted another clip. on his right side only

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I can view every video but not this one. I doubt its brook as you just tis fish.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this video, it looks like the jagged edge on the tail fin that I saw is just its coloration. I can see a few diffuse white spots on its side. Trouble is, that doesn't allow for a positive ID. Given the way it looks, you can rule out velvet. I think you can probably rule out Brooklynella. That leaves either marine ich or flukes. I can't tell you which it is from the video, you'll just need to watch the fish for a few days. If the spots get more numerous quickly, then it is likely ich and you'll need to move the fish and treat with copper. If they stay about the same, then it is more likely flukes and you have the option of treating with prazipro right in the tank.

Jay

OP
OP
TraydersAnonymous

TraydersAnonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this video, it looks like the jagged edge on the tail fin that I saw is just its coloration. I can see a few diffuse white spots on its side. Trouble is, that doesn't allow for a positive ID. Given the way it looks, you can rule out velvet. I think you can probably rule out Brooklynella. That leaves either marine ich or flukes. I can't tell you which it is from the video, you'll just need to watch the fish for a few days. If the spots get more numerous quickly, then it is likely ich and you'll need to move the fish and treat with copper. If they stay about the same, then it is more likely flukes and you have the option of treating with prazipro right in the tank.

Jay
Best video to show it. It eats pellets, it's swimming around slowly. Do you think a water change would help ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best video to show it. It eats pellets, it's swimming around slowly. Do you think a water change would help ?
Sorry, I can’t view this video. Water changes never hurt as long as they are done properly….but they also won’t cure diseases.
Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back