Clown Fish Sick

jvaughan1355

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone my 5 year old clown has been struggling the past 24 hours. The male is beating her up pretty bad and she seems sick. White spots all over and fins are pretty torn up. Also has swelling in belly towards head. I’ve got her separated at the moment in a box. Looking for some advice on what to do. Thanks in advance

IMG_6560.jpeg IMG_6558.jpeg IMG_6559.jpeg IMG_6556.jpeg IMG_6553.jpeg IMG_6541.jpeg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey everyone my 5 year old clown has been struggling the past 24 hours. The male is beating her up pretty bad and she seems sick. White spots all over and fins are pretty torn up. Also has swelling in belly towards head. I’ve got her separated at the moment in a box. Looking for some advice on what to do. Thanks in advance

IMG_6560.jpeg IMG_6558.jpeg IMG_6559.jpeg IMG_6556.jpeg IMG_6553.jpeg IMG_6541.jpeg
Clown appears to be a victim of aggression also having a few bumps and scrapes. You can treat with ruby rally pro to aid with healing and also identify the culprit before re-releasing the fish back into the display tank. Isolate the culprit when you find who it is

OP
OP
jvaughan1355

jvaughan1355

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown appears to be a victim of aggression also having a few bumps and scrapes. You can treat with ruby rally pro to aid with healing and also identify the culprit before re-releasing the fish back into the display tank. Isolate the culprit when you find who it is
Thanks it’s the other male clown fish that’s doing the attacking. I swapped him. He’s in the box now and will be spending the night in there.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks it’s the other male clown fish that’s doing the attacking. I swapped him. He’s in the box now and will be spending the night in there.
Over night won't be long enough. Give it a couple weeks.

OP
OP
jvaughan1355

jvaughan1355

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over night won't be long enough. Give it a couple weeks.
I’ve got another small tank that only has 2 clownfish in there. Would you think it could work to remove completely and put in that tank or keep in the box in the original tank. (The aggressive one)

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got another small tank that only has 2 clownfish in there. Would you think it could work to remove completely and put in that tank or keep in the box in the original tank. (The aggressive one)
Can't mix 3 clowns together. Acclimation box is still your best bet.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 48 43.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.3%
Back