Clown flirting with anemone?

2clowns1455

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2025
Messages
51
Reaction score
27
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently put a new anemone in my tank and it seems as though my female is flirting with it. Is this one of the steps to hosting? She seems to ward off the male and spends most of her time near it. The nem decided it's happiest on the side of a rock so it's not right side up. When the nem goes in or gets small for whatever reason the clown stays right there like a lost puppy.
 
I am hoping!!
Mine dont care about their anemones. They are designer bred and they don't seem to understand what the anemone is for. Your's are at least hanging around, which is the first step. If the nem survives the clowns will eventually be glued to it, unless the female rejects the male?
 
I have davinci clowns. They know nothing about a nem. I did put the YouTube video (so embarrassing to admit) for about 15 mins but th clowns stayed away to be honest they were not ok with the video.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new