Clown gills

enzopc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my couple of ocellaris clownfish, from
One week have this spot near both gills, both fish same synthom, I don’t what this I already change water for improve quality, they eat a lot and no signs of stress.
reading old posts it seems like an irritation of the mucosa at the furthest point of the opercula near those spines that clowns have, but I don't know the cause of this, and I'm worried they've been with me for 2 years they were very small when I got them

IMG_3506.jpeg IMG_3503.jpeg IMG_3493.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi, my couple of ocellaris clownfish, from
One week have this spot near both gills, both fish same synthom, I don’t what this I already change water for improve quality, they eat a lot and no signs of stress.
reading old posts it seems like an irritation of the mucosa at the furthest point of the opercula near those spines that clowns have, but I don't know the cause of this, and I'm worried they've been with me for 2 years they were very small when I got them

IMG_3506.jpeg IMG_3503.jpeg IMG_3493.jpeg
May very well be damage from netting or squabbling which they often do in the absence of the tank owner. Eating is a good sign and the main concern would be breathing.
Is the fish breathing normal and not rapid?

OP
OP
E

enzopc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perfect eating and breathing, but the strange thing they have this thing on both sides

I had salinity jut a little higher now I do better with the water change, but I don’t know what it’s this

in this tank I have a lot microfauna , I give just pellet , I saw they eating pods and all types of little microfauna that stay inside the tank

IMG_3515.jpeg IMG_3513.jpeg

OP
OP
E

enzopc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys something going wrong, the female not stay well, this white stay also now at edge of fins, already doing freshwater bath, she don’t eat today yesterday eating with good , the other one have same but look better and eating well, I think some thing happens with water( tomorrow I will change water), I’m worried nothing new I put in this tank they are alone in this tank from more of 7 mounts

The morning when light go on , the breathing is very fast and afther 2 hours come back normal, I don’t know if something take off O2 and for this I put air stone now

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back