Japanese angel laying at bottom with red gills

Tarun21tp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Japanese angel has been laying at the bottom with redness around the gills. Suspecting bacterial infection, I dosed Furan2 + kanaplex for 4 days. But haven’t noticed any major improvement. She is still laying at the bottom in the qt. Yesterday I’ve added API general cure too to get rid of any flukes that might be causing the gill issue. What seems to be the problem?

IMG_1337.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1338.mov
    33.9 MB
OP
OP
T

Tarun21tp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Japanese angel has been laying at the bottom with redness around the gills. Suspecting bacterial infection, I dosed Furan2 + kanaplex for 4 days. But haven’t noticed any major improvement. She is still laying at the bottom in the qt. Yesterday I’ve added API general cure too to get rid of any flukes that might be causing the gill issue. What seems to be the problem?

Video link -

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

IMG_1337.jpeg
For starters, too many meds in a short span of time likely leading to toxicity. Red gills often a sign of flukes and General cure would be the closest best bet but PraziPro the best bet.
Images Extremely fuzzy
Other signs are rapid breathing, sudden darting and rapid breathing if flukes.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really tough to see clearly if the fish is breathing fast or not. The fish is showing general signs of gill disease, but no clues as to which one it might be.

How long have you had the fish?
How long has it been showing symptoms?
Any other fish in with it?

The General Cure would be my best bet for handling this issue.

OP
OP
T

Tarun21tp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really tough to see clearly if the fish is breathing fast or not. The fish is showing general signs of gill disease, but no clues as to which one it might be.

How long have you had the fish?
How long has it been showing symptoms?
Any other fish in with it?

The General Cure would be my best bet for handling this issue.
Hi Jay

OP
OP
T

Tarun21tp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this fish for 4 months now. He was eating fine 3 days back. Then suddenly he started laying low near the sand in a corner. I moved him to a qt and suspecting bacterial gill disease due to the red gills, I dozed furan-2 as per instructions. Not seeing much improvement, I added Kanaplex 2 days later and then finally API general cure yesterday to remove any flukes that may be causing the Red gills. He is still the same in the qt. Laying at the bottom.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this fish for 4 months now. He was eating fine 3 days back. Then suddenly he started laying low near the sand in a corner. I moved him to a qt and suspecting bacterial gill disease due to the red gills, I dozed furan-2 as per instructions. Not seeing much improvement, I added Kanaplex 2 days later and then finally API general cure yesterday to remove any flukes that may be causing the Red gills. He is still the same in the qt. Laying at the bottom.

O.K., that would be the treatment I would have recommended......

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back