Clown Goby Not Eating in QT

  • Thread starter Thread starter samba_dad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

samba_dad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2014
Messages
475
Reaction score
156
Location
Huntsville, Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a clown goby citrinis last Thursday. I have had him in my 20G QT tank for exactly 1 week. I have been trying to feed him frozen mysis shrimp once per day. He swims up to the mysis shrimp and acts like he is eating it just to spit it out again. I have not seen him actually eat anything in over a week, and I am getting concerned for him. He currently is being treated with Prazipro in the QT as part of my 6 week quarantine procedure. Ammonia is measuring at 0 ppm and temperature holds steady at 77 deg. I have a HOB filter from emperor with a sponge that has been in the DT sump for 4 weeks. My Apex performs a 1.5 gal water changes at 6am and 6pm every day. Any idea on how I can get this guy to eat? Thanks in advance for any advice.
 
Do you have anything smaller to try like cyclopeeze? I also would try some frozen brine, or tiny slivers of mussel/clam. Prazipro does suppress appetite, so it's possible he may not eat until after that is done.
 
My clown goby didn't eat the food I gave it for 2 weeks. He ate most of the pods in my QT though. That' how I knew he was eating.
 
I grabbed some Tigger Pods at the LFS and he devoured them. Now I can get him to eat mysis as well. Using the live smaller foods seemed to be the key to the solution.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new