Clown just being a Clown?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JTP424
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JTP424

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2022
Messages
2,798
Reaction score
3,255
Location
US
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Apologies if videos don't load.
Clown is chilling at the top of the tank... 50 gallon, swimming but on his side...
Every now and then I may catch him in the main water column, but not often?
I just got him a few weeks ago from a fellow reefer, I did not quarantine because I got the whole tank from him, so it was same fish etc going in to the same tank etc.
I mean.. I think he's ok.... Should I try giving him a few places to host?



Swimming at the top:



Swimming in the water column:
 
For some reason the videos won’t load. Possibly all the blockers I am running but usually I get them still.

Is it eating and being active. Clowns can be weird.
 
Ah sorry about the videos.
Thank you :)
 
Apologies if videos don't load.
Clown is chilling at the top of the tank... 50 gallon, swimming but on his side...
Every now and then I may catch him in the main water column, but not often?
I just got him a few weeks ago from a fellow reefer, I did not quarantine because I got the whole tank from him, so it was same fish etc going in to the same tank etc.
I mean.. I think he's ok.... Should I try giving him a few places to host?



Swimming at the top:



Swimming in the water column:
There seems to be minimal flow/aeration. I think i see a powrhead, is it on? The entire surface of water should be rippling with water flow. Think "ocean".
 
Apologies if videos don't load.
Clown is chilling at the top of the tank... 50 gallon, swimming but on his side...
Every now and then I may catch him in the main water column, but not often?
I just got him a few weeks ago from a fellow reefer, I did not quarantine because I got the whole tank from him, so it was same fish etc going in to the same tank etc.
I mean.. I think he's ok.... Should I try giving him a few places to host?



Swimming at the top:



Swimming in the water column:
There seems to be minimal flow/aeration. I think i see a powrhead, is it on? The entire surface of water should be rippling with water flow. Think "ocean".
Good call. Ive got several power heads and a few hob filters. Ill moved them around and add another.
Hes eating. So im hoping just being weird 😑
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new