Clown not eating much

Letterkenny

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2019
Messages
788
Reaction score
492
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a pair of clowns for about 3 weeks now. When I got them in, the female had some strange behavior and later noticed white stringy poop. I put these into QT, treated the water with GC and fed them GC food for 2.5 weeks. Again, never really seeing the female eat much. A lot of times she would take a bite, spit it out, take another bite, spit it out. I used both pellets, pellets from the hatchery, and frozen mysis. Behavior seems more normal but really doesn’t seem to eat much like my clowns in my main tank. Any ideas? It’s almost as she is scared? 45g tank with just them in it and a small yellow watchman goby so no fighting.
 
That's pretty strange. Do you notice weight lose at all? Maybe you could try Frozen squid could just be a picky eater.
 
Hard to tell but I can’t see it being noticeably skinny. I got it straight from the hatchery so I would have thought their pellets would do the trick but doesn’t seem to be the case.
 
Soak the food in water with minced garlic...then try feeding it.
 
The garlic was the only thing that worked for me when my little clownfish stopped eating.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new