Clown pairing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shnetts
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shnetts

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
1,258
Reaction score
2,139
Location
Nowhere
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what is the odds that I’ll run into issues trying to pair a ocellaris and a percula ocellaris hybrid
 
I have found that pairing any clownfish has issues, but pairing an oc and a perc may be a bit more of a challenge, but all of the steps and challenges are essentially the same. Good luck!
 
I have found that pairing any clownfish has issues, but pairing an oc and a perc may be a bit more of a challenge, but all of the steps and challenges are essentially the same. Good luck!
Thanks!
 
From what I have read they should pair fine. Usually if one is slightly larger it just sort of works out naturally. As long as both are not large, potential female, already. I have had several mated pairs and have had to introduce a new male to female. Never took long for one to assert dominance and the other to do the twitchy submissive move for a bit, then happily after after. Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new