Clown smothering anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chukwagin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chukwagin

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2013
Messages
34
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns finally found my anemones, but the anemones I have are rather new and rather small. I have a larger clownfish and a baby clownfish sharing one of the anemones, the other ran for cover under a rock. Should I be worried about how they won't leave or smother the anemone?
 
Keep an eye on the 'nem. They can over love anemones. Look for shrunken tentacles, the nem expelling zooxanthelle (this will be dark goo. And the nem will start losing its flouresence).
 
What species of clowns? What species of anemone?
What size are the clowns? What size is the anemone?

You might have to separate them, or put a strawberry basket over the anemone.
I have seen clowns "love" an anemone to death.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new