Clownfish about the lay eggs!! Help!

leilani908

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey!
My clownfish us about to lay eggs and I want to try to raise the fry. Any tips on what to do and what I should get?

Corals.com

Njcoral101

View Badges
Reaction score
What else do you have in the tank you have to get a way smaller tank for them with the parents I raised them before it is hard do not put any meds in the tank

OP
L

leilani908

View Badges
Reaction score
What else do you have in the tank you have to get a way smaller tank for them with the parents I raised them before it is hard do not put any meds in the tank
The tank they're in has coral and other fish in it. I plan on getting a 5 gallon, i just don't know what else I'll need for them.

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
You will need to learn how to culture rotifers first. Google pickles guide to breeding clowns or get a book like Clownfish by Joyce Wilkerson.
This x10000. also 99% of the time the first 2-3 Clutches are bad. takes them a few times before they get it down pat lol. Also if you're going to try and hatch them in the current tank youre going to need a trap to catch them. As a new ish breeder ill tell you first hand its a crap load of work.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Do you have any coral frag mounting tricks or tips you have learned that really help you?

• Yes I have learned some tricks (please share in the thread)

Votes: 57 21.6%
  • No but I would like to learn some (check the thread)

Votes: 166 62.9%
  • I don't frag corals

Votes: 41 15.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors