Clownfish acting strange I think...

  • Thread starter Thread starter OffTopic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

OffTopic

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2018
Messages
374
Reaction score
2,532
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I don’t know if this is a problem and from doing a quick search on google either it is fatal or completely normal... My two clownfish, who one I thought was dead because I couldn’t see them on the surface are swimming sideways on top of the water. Is this normal behavior? The tank they are in is about a week old. Are my two precious clowns alright?

upload_2018-9-10_22-2-10.jpeg
 
I would say probably not, the LFS said we would do an instant cycle and I have been dosing and additive every day. But I don’t think it is fully done cycling... when I got my water tested this week it was at good parameters with 0 Ammonia and 0 nitrates but that was Saturday.
 
Alright, I don’t have a test kit myself as I am realtively new to the hobby, is my best bet tomorrow bringing the water to be tested at the LFS? Here is the additive I am dosing

upload_2018-9-10_22-13-39.jpeg
 
I’m not so good with stuff like that because i usually just let it cycle by it’s self because I’ve read the more you rush into things the more it’s you from your pocket lol
 
Have someone care for your clowns while you go on cycle
 
Alright, I don’t have a test kit myself as I am realtively new to the hobby, is my best bet tomorrow bringing the water to be tested at the LFS? Here is the additive I am dosing

upload_2018-9-10_22-13-39.jpeg

Yes have your water tested.
 
0 nitrates? You might have nitrites.
 
I completely trust seed and have used it to start multiple tanks and put fish in the first day. Make sure it has not expired and it is stored in the fridge after you open it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new