Clownfish acting weird

Galasss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I’m fairly new to reef keeping and was just wondering if my clownfish were doing okay, I’ve had them for close to 2 weeks and they have been doing great so far. This morning the bigger one seems to be acting a bit different than usual; they are normally both very active and dart around the tank but today the bigger one seems to be a bit lethargic (I tried feeding but the bigger one didn’t eat though it did chase after it). I appreciate the help! Maybe I’m just paranoid.
Salinity:1.025
Ph: 8.2
Can’t test alkalinity
Ammonia and nitrites 0
Nitrates 10-15
Temp 87

Attachments

• 62602960958__C811DF0A-FDE6-4C90-9715-41626C0FA702.MOV
    2.8 MB

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi ,the one seems to be a little thin,and on lethargic side,lets call the dr..best wishes :) @Jay Hemdal

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I’m fairly new to reef keeping and was just wondering if my clownfish were doing okay, I’ve had them for close to 2 weeks and they have been doing great so far. This morning the bigger one seems to be acting a bit different than usual; they are normally both very active and dart around the tank but today the bigger one seems to be a bit lethargic (I tried feeding but the bigger one didn’t eat though it did chase after it). I appreciate the help! Maybe I’m just paranoid.
Salinity:1.025
Ph: 8.2
Can’t test alkalinity
Ammonia and nitrites 0
Nitrates 10-15
Temp 87
They look fine to me. Is temp really 87!? lower that to eighty. I'd try and scare them away from the weir... sometimes they get stuck on those.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea they both seem to be back to normal, I didn’t realize they could be so “moody” thanks for everyone’s input!

Generally they'll set up a "territory" in the tank, and most of the time at least for me, they'll take turns going out to look for food or just for fun.

Normally though the female will be more active for sure IME.

Glad they're pairing up for you also!

OP
OP
Galasss

Galasss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally they'll set up a "territory" in the tank, and most of the time at least for me, they'll take turns going out to look for food or just for fun.

Yea they’ve become inseparable! Thanks again for your help

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

wow i thought my fish were the only ones to regularly venture out of their territory lol. glad to see others experience this as well

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Typical clown exploring its environment
Water seems a little cloudy in which carbon source will help clear it up. Assure they get proper diet with Garlic extract added to foods.
Diet: Mysis shrimp. brine shrimp flakes, spirulina brine shrimp and LRS fish frenzy

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back