Clownfish and my Magfloat…

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have two Black Ice Snowflake Clowns. And a Rose Bubbletip Anenome that they haven’t found yet.. but they’ve been staying near my magfloat most of the time.. so I took it out and now they try and bite me when I put my hands in the tank… ‍♀️

Why are they trying to bite me all of a sudden? Could it really be because I removed a cleaning magnet?

OP
OP
diamondreef

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope sometimes they just change. I had peaceful clowns until I went on a week vacation and the female turned physco!!!! The male slowly turned over about a month. Now I have two crazy clowns
oh man lol. Today was the first time they tried to and I took the magnet out last night because they are always staying close to it… I want them to go in the Anenome

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read that lol I did it bc I want them to get attached to the nem.. not a magnet
But must have ticked it off
I just placed a new BTA in the tank yesterday and my 3 clowns still haven’t noticed it (not the sharpest pencils in the bunch!)

jasper9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup mine get really anxious when I scrap the glass with a mag float. So much so I'm worried they are going to get cut by it!

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any clown/s I’ve owned have all attacked me haha

My old female years ago would literally latch on my arm like a dog and shake violently. I would get little welts from her!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back