Clownfish been swimming vertically for a week

aswst2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went on vacation and fed flakes came back and my clownfish was swimming in circles on his head. Did a treatment of prazipro and fed him antibiotics. He is still eating and he has a stringy white pop sometimes brown. He has not gotten any worse but hasn’t got any better. All other fish and cuc are normal. No injuries I could find except he has a small white patch below his lip. I have him in my tank in a cage so my neon goby doesn’t just destroy him while he is sick. Any ideas on what I can do. I have had for 8 months this is the first issue. I haven’t added anything new to the tank in 2 months

52D7FE39-80D1-4FDA-9B68-3CC866D14D5E.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Went on vacation and fed flakes came back and my clownfish was swimming in circles on his head. Did a treatment of prazipro and fed him antibiotics. He is still eating and he has a stringy white pop sometimes brown. He has not gotten any worse but hasn’t got any better. All other fish and cuc are normal. No injuries I could find except he has a small white patch below his lip. I have him in my tank in a cage so my neon goby doesn’t just destroy him while he is sick. Any ideas on what I can do. I have had for 8 months this is the first issue. I haven’t added anything new to the tank in 2 months

Looks like something internal occurred such as parasite affecting the bladder.
Im always cautious with recommendations when a fish is in this state. How is the breathing rate (rapid or normal ) ?

Treatment would be Metroplex/metroplex + Focus) but if it is not eating, can be a waste of time attempting. Alternative would be Maracyn 2. but a gamble at this point.

OP
OP
A

aswst2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im always cautious with recommendations when a fish is in this state. How is the breathing rate (rapid or normal ) ?

Treatment would be Metroplex/metroplex + Focus) but if it is not eating, can be a waste of time attempting. Alternative would be Maracyn 2. but a gamble at this point.

He is breathing normal and eating just not as much as normal.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
He is breathing normal and eating just not as much as normal.
Ok, Good. Seachem metroplex should help. Focus will bind it to food.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can you post a short video?
Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back