Clownfish Behavior

mrsalnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new to the hobby so bare with me, i currently have two clowns they were purchased together since November 18 and all of a sudden they are acting weird, lets start by saying the bigger clown is going after the little one, and today is the first day its happening, 2 they are constantly by one rock, the little one looks like its scratching its self against the rock from a distance but when i observe closely its just close to it and the bigger one is swimming around the little one. There is no signs of ich or Brooklyn, Please help so i can sleep at night lol Water parameters are good and its just them and 2 snails, this is a 40 gallon breeder reef tank in the making

Ztrain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their establishing dominance. My smaller clown found a crack in my live rock that was barley big enough for him to fit in and wedged himself in there about half the day for a about two weeks while the larger circled around waiting for him to peek out to chase him back in. Lasts a couple weeks then all will be good. The scratching your probably seeing is the submissive behavior. It looks like their having a seizure. It's the fish saying hey don't hurt me I surrender.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back