Clownfish Behavior

  • Thread starter Thread starter Drippy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Drippy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of flurry clownfish, I’ve had for about 2 weeks. The tank parameters are good and I was curious to what they have been doing. In the front corner of the tank they seem to be making a “nest” in the sand by rapidly shaking their bodies. One will lay down next to the nest while the other swims around it, but then they will both go back to normal swimming around the tank or just swim around where they’ve been digging/shaking into the sand. Is this normal behavior? I attached a picture of the clown laying down.

89F009A0-3AD8-4755-B050-857D6DB8FE30.jpeg
 
I have a pair of flurry clownfish, I’ve had for about 2 weeks. The tank parameters are good and I was curious to what they have been doing. In the front corner of the tank they seem to be making a “nest” in the sand by rapidly shaking their bodies. One will lay down next to the nest while the other swims around it, but then they will both go back to normal swimming around the tank or just swim around where they’ve been digging/shaking into the sand. Is this normal behavior? I attached a picture of the clown laying down.

89F009A0-3AD8-4755-B050-857D6DB8FE30.jpeg
They’ll also lay down on top of each other next to the nest, while the other one shakes on the other.
 
I have a pair of flurry clownfish, I’ve had for about 2 weeks. The tank parameters are good and I was curious to what they have been doing. In the front corner of the tank they seem to be making a “nest” in the sand by rapidly shaking their bodies. One will lay down next to the nest while the other swims around it, but then they will both go back to normal swimming around the tank or just swim around where they’ve been digging/shaking into the sand. I’ve also seen them lay on top of each other right by the nest while one shakes on the other. Is this normal behavior?
 
I moved this over the the clownfish forum for additional responses.

Your description sounds like normal clown behavior to me. Hard to tell from the picture, but they look to be similar in size. It may be a simple case of establishing dominance between the two. Just know...clowns are weird.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new