Clownfish breeding

Ethan9696

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the best way to entice to ocellaris clownfish to breed? Any suggestions would be great!

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, try LRS Fertility Frenzy. Though feeding high quality food 3x a day seems to work too.

Ideally, you want to give them their own tank so that they have minimal distractions. That said, that are many pairs of clowns in reef tanks that spawn regularly.

OP
OP
Ethan9696

Ethan9696

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, try LRS Fertility Frenzy. Though feeding high quality food 3x a day seems to work too.

Ideally, you want to give them their own tank so that they have minimal distractions. That said, that are many pairs of clowns in reef tanks that spawn regularly.

How long once introduced to the tank does it usually take? The larger of the two started fanning her tail and making a nest the second day I had them.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no time table. It depends on how old the fish are, and if they are ready. Many times, it's the male that gets the nest ready. You'll see them picking at the location prior to the female laying eggs.

JerseyClowns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the best way to entice to ocellaris clownfish to breed? Any suggestions would be great!
Feed, feed and then feed again. A fat clown is a healthy clown and a healthy clown is more likely to spawn. That said. I also keep my temp at a rock steady 80 degrees and my PH stays at a constand 8.2. I also keep my salinity a bit lower than most at ~1.020.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back