Clownfish breeding

ReefInMotion

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2019
Messages
20
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am in the beginning phases of setting up a new fish room and want to take the next step for me in the hobby...breeding clownfish. I am going to post three different questions in this forum and am hoping to get some help on the topic. I have not begun setting anything up yet and am still in the research phase. It will still be a while before I will be able to get my clowns and begin the process as I need to set it all up, cycle the tanks, etc.

I have ordered a book that was recommended to me and it is on its way and should be here this week. I am excited to learn more and to have my family learn this as I go as well.

I am hoping people here on the forum can share their experiences and some of the things they have learned as they have done this. Both successes and errors/how they fixed them.

Thank you for your advice and help.
 
I read that last night. Seemed very informative and helpful. Thank you for the reference. Any other experiences to share or other advice that is not on that post?

Thanks
 
Are you planning to breed for profit, or is it simply a challenge for you? Your answer determines how you'll set up your system.
 
For now it is to learn and have a challenge but may turn into wanting to breed for profit in the future. I am not sure that 4 sets of clownfish will bring much profit. What is the difference for the setup?

Thanks
 
I would caution you a little on this... please make sure you have homes for the fish once they're ready to go.

I've seen some beginning breeders stuck with 30 - 40 fish, and no idea what to do with them.

Just my two cents.
 
Thank you for the thoughts and advice. I have already thought about that due to my history of breeding African Cichlids. I have a couple ways to ensure I am not stuck with them, though, so that is not a worry of mine right now.

Thank you for the concern and thoughts. Please keep them coming. I am happy to hear all advice and thoughts...good and bad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new