Clownfish Breeding?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spyndera99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Spyndera99

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2020
Messages
65
Reaction score
88
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 1 year old clowns that seem to be making a nest. There is some small orange bubbles on the nest surface... Any ideas?
 
Those are eggs. Without being separated they will likely be consumed by crabs or other fish
 
I have a mandarin that is pretty big. Should I be worried that it will eat the eggs?
 
I believe most fish would eat the eggs. But ironically... mandarins might truly be only interested in pods unless conditioned to eat other foods like pellets and such. Most breeding use separate tanks for this reason
 
Ok. Thanks for the help!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new