Clownfish breeding

TooTime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish breeding ?'s

All right all you clownfish breeders, I have a small pair of snowcasso's and I want to know what is the smallest size of tank that you would recommend for me to put them into in hopes of them breeding. I was considering a fluval zero edge, not sure it will be big enough. Maybe a bio cube or solana? Please advise.

Last edited:

JasonPG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use larger tanks (only because it's easier to keep the water parameters in check) so I don't have much experience with smaller broodstock tanks. But I know plenty of people use 10 gallon tanks. The only concern I might have is that you really want to give your clowns a sense of privacy and security. If you have a zero edge tank on display in a busy traffic area, you might run the risk of invading their privacy. You might be better off tossing them in a ten gallon tank with a couple of the sides blacked out.

OP
OP
T

TooTime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really appreciate your answers, it is not going in a busy area, just in my house. I have two in my 68 gallon cube, but those things are so nice that I bought two more and for now they are really small and living in an acclimation container in my main display.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if a 20gal tall with a divider would be ok for two sets of clowns, percs and ocellaris? The space for each pair would be 12x12x16" tall. Sorry to hijack but same topic, thought it would be better than starting a whole new thread.

OP
OP
T

TooTime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not hijacking, thats a good relevant question, and I want to know as well.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about using a 20L but I wanted to take down my frag tank and using the stand that it was on since I've got so much time into it but it's only 24" wide. The 20 tall is the best I could do for now until I get a couple other tanks set up but that won't happen for a while. I was planning on using black acrylic with a few slots cut out of the center and teeth at the top to divide the tank.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 87 45.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 44.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 18 9.5%

Back