Clownfish Bullies

TheHerbanLegend

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2018
Messages
164
Reaction score
248
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 3 Black Ice Clowns all part of the same spawn been in the same tanks their whole lives....I introduced 3 of them to my 30g mixed reef....two of them have bonded and now shun the other out he either hides in a cave or behind the heater/overflow area...when feeding if the other two see him they will go pester him back into his cave or other spot....my question, should this be concerning? Should I relocate the shunned clown? It seems the bonded pair want to mate but I fear they won't with the other clown around.
 
Two of them hanging out the other is hiding
IMG_20181229_164714398_HDR.jpeg
 
I agree and you would be doing the poor fella a huge favor in the long run.

Thanks for posting.

It's always hard to rehome one of our loved ones but necessary at times. :(
 
Like yeah he is a $100 fish but I want him to be happy :'/ anyone wanna buy a Black Ice off me?! Lol
 
Okay called LFS they will take him in for me and re-home him
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new