Clownfish bullying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gxry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gxry

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Messages
70
Reaction score
51
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had two clowns in my 88g for about 3 months now and recently the larger one has been bullying the smaller, which from what I’ve read can be normal behavior until the smaller submits. After I came home from work the other day I can no longer find the smaller clown, and he has since been missing for 3 days. I can only assume he went inside the rock work and has possible passed away. Would it be beneficial at some point to replace the other clown or just let the one left be solo?
 
you can introduce another clown but I would put the new clown in an acclimation box so the female can’t bully it to death. Best to get a clown that is way smaller than the clown you currently have
 
you can introduce another clown but I would put the new clown in an acclimation box so the female can’t bully it to death. Best to get a clown that is way smaller than the clown you currently have

I do have an acclimation box, but how long should it stay inside it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new