Clownfish disease treatment HELP

AirAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this pair about 10 days ago. (no quarantine tank) I should have known when I didnt see it eating much something was wrong. Well I noticed something on my Black Onyx clown today. A small pimple looking thing with a white spot, also noticed something not right with the other. Called the LFS and its Brooklynella. I was told to treat with RO and a tiny amount of PH buffer (freshwater dip)till gone. Luckily I had set up a quarantine tank just this past week. I have removed both and treated as instructed.

Is this a symptom relief or cure?

I did also added a pair of Platinums from a very clean and trusted environment on the same day. The only other fish in the 125 are a pair of Chromis.
The platinums appear to be fine. Should I just watch them closely??

Daimyo68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish need to stay in QT for a minimum of 4-6 weeks, and the main tank "Fallow" (fishless). The life cycle of Brooklynella need to be stopped, and keeping the DT fallow will accoplish this.

You need to continue to treat the QT'd fish during this time also. You could continue with the FW dips, as long as the fish are not becoming to stressed from doing so.

I fought Oodinium last year and lost 4 fish in 4 days due to the aggressive nature of the illness. I had the remaining 5 fish in QT and treated with QuikCure (Formalin and Malachite Green). I did this for a total of 5 weeks, and also kept them in QT for a total of 12 weeks. This was overkill, but I was going a minimum of 9 weeks QT and life got in the way, and they ended up in the QT for 3 months.

The longer you keep the DT fallow, the better the chances are that the life cycle's of any Brook coming to an end.

Last edited:

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 31 36.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back