Clownfish Genetics Calculator

Nolapete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone interested in clownfish breeding, Saturday I unveiled a secret project that I have been working on with Matt Pedersen (Senior Editor CORAL magazine) to the attendees at the MBI Workshop. We've been working on this since December and it came about through our mutual interest in freshwater angelfish and breeding marine fish. I had built an angelfish genetics calculator late last year.

You can find the current version 1.5.3 (that's where we somehow ended up with all the revisions) at http://clowncalc.nolapete.com and the work in progress for version 2 at http://test.nolapete.com.

If you have any questions about the calculator, please reply to this thread or PM me.

Pete

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool!

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was really cool to watch you guys reveal at the MBI workshop this weekend. Both Pete and Matt stressed that they required more feedback from the breeding community about the crosses and what breeders were actually getting out of their live stock to ensure the accuracy of the calculator. Im excited to get to use it, as well as the standardization and harmonization that can come from such a tool. The big bonus is thats its super easy to use as well. Great job, Pete!

OP
OP
Nolapete

Nolapete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have been literally drowning in clownfish data since December. Anyone who knows Matt, knows he is a treasure trove of information about clownfish. It was fun to unveil this weekend. I can't wait to see the cross feedback from everyone. That's what will drive this forward.

OP
OP
Nolapete

Nolapete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've seen a lot of use on the calculator, but very little feedback in regard to spawn counts and whether the results represent what you've experienced. The feedback drives development.

OP
OP
Nolapete

Nolapete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of work on updating naming results, back-end development for version 2, and collecting data. We're excited to see lots of daily use. Thanks everyone for your support.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back